Fix Error Loading Operating System Error
If your PC fails to boot with the "Error Loading Operating System", then you can fix it in a few minutes using Emergency Boot Kit.
This article explains how to get rid of Error Loading Operating System. Repair this boot issue quickly and easily by recovering the boot sector.
1. Symptoms of the problem
When computer is powered up, an error message "Error loading operating system" appears (white-on-black letters in text mode and blinking cursor):
2. Normal boot sequence
Normally computer boots as shown below (Windows 7 boot sequence is shown as example):
3. Defect in the boot sequence which leads to Error Loading Operating System error
Defect in the boot sequence which is a reason for Error Loading Operating System is shown below:
4. How to fix Error Loading Operating System error
1) Download Emergency Boot Kit and deploy it to USB thumbdrive according to the instructions, then set up your BIOS to boot from USB thumbdrive. You need full version of Emergency Boot Kit to actually write changes to the disk, but it's recommended to try demo version to make sure there are no hardware incompatibilities.
2) Boot from Emergency Boot Kit, wait until the main menu appears.
3) Find boot loader for your primary OS in the list. Please note that "called by BIOS" radiobutton is off:
4) Click on the radio button "called by BIOS" for bootloader of your primary OS. It should be turned on now:
5) Click OK to close the window and then choose "Reboot" in the main menu. 'Error Loading Operating System' boot problem is fixed now.
Please note: Mount & Boot Center verifies entire boot path from BIOS to the OS boot loader, so other boot problems may be automatically fixed at this point.